Alsatian Guild of Tourist Guides
Created in 1979, the Alsatian Guild of Tourist Guides (in French: Association de Guides-conférenciers d'Alsace) aims to promote and defend the profession of guide-lecturer in the Alsatian territory. Our Guild owns the registered brand and the Limited Company Book a Guide.
We are all qualified by the French government departments for Culture and for Tourism. We are as well the only external guides allowed to guide in the Museums and in the France Heritage Sites.
We propose you several tour's themes (the classical ones, Jewish heritage, gastronomy, wine tourism...) and we adapt our offer to all our guests. We also propose you other additional services (as shuttles airport-hotel), and all that in 12 different languages!
Why should you choose us?
- We are the best ambassadors of our region, and we will know how to transmit you our knowledge in a rewarding and attractive way.
- We have extensive knowledge about our region, in very diverse fields (history, architecture, history of art, gastronomy, traditions, military/industrial heritage...), and we regularly train perfecting and improving them.
- We love our job and it is with pleasure that we discover our region to our visitors.
- By choosing one of our qualified guides, who respects its tax obligations, you contribute to building a more just and sustainable society.
The Board is composed by 9 members:
- the Président, Vice President, Secretary, Subsecretary and Treasurer;
- 4 Member-at-Large with different roles in the Guild.
Active members : 111 qualified Tourist Guides
Spoken languages (12) : Alsatian, Arabic, Catalan, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Serbo-Croatian and Spanish.